2 Tbsp / 30 mL tomato ketchup
1 tsp / 5 mL unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp / 2 mL garlic powder
¼ tsp / 1 mL cinnamon
1/8 tsp / 0.5 mL cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp / 15 mL minced onion
1 Tbsp / 15 mL water
Salt to taste
4 pork loin centre chops, about ¾-inch / 2 cm thick
- In small bowl, combine ketchup, cocoa, garlic powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and onion.
- Blend in water to form a paste. Season mixture with salt according to taste.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Brush one side of chops with ketchup mixture. Grill chops over medium heat, 5-6 minutes.
- Turn chops and brush second side. Grill another 5-6 minutes until chops are browned or instant-read thermometer register 155ºF.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.