6 pork loin chops, bone-in, about ¾-inch / 2 cm thick
2 Tbsp / 30 mL ground allspice
1 tsp / 5 ml EACH ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
1 Scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped (or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped)
3 green onions, thinly sliced
4 tsp / 20 mL chopped garlic
¼ cup / 50 mL finely chopped ginger root
2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped fresh thyme (or 2 tsp / 10 mL dried thyme leaves)
1 Tbsp / 15 mL packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL soy sauce
1 Tbsp / 15 mL Worcestershire sauce
1 cup / 250 mL dark rum
1 lime, juiced
- Trim excess fat from pork chops and place in ceramic or glass dish.
- Place all remaining ingredients in small food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chops, reserving ½ cup for basting. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Pat chops with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Grill chops 6-7 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade.
- Grill until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.