1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tsp / 10 mL chopped fresh rosemary
¼ tsp / 1 mL EACH salt and ground black pepper
1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 375 g
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
1 ¼ cup / 300 mL halved or quartered strawberries, depending on size
⅛ cup / 25 mL balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL honey
For the pork:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub mixture over all sides of tenderloin.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear tenderloin on all sides just until lightly browned, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Transfer tenderloin to rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in oven until internal temperature reaches 155°F, about 25 minutes.
- Remove tenderloin from oven. Transfer to cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with warm sauce.
For the sauce:
- In small saucepan, combine strawberries, vinegar and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Coarsely mash strawberries with back of fork. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes, just until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Spoon warm sauce over sliced tenderloin. Serve immediately.