3 cups / 750 mL all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp / 30 mL baking powder
1 tsp / 5 mL salt
1 cup / 250 mL water
3 Tbsp / 45 mL canola oil
6 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked, drained and coarsely chopped
½ cup / 125 mL shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- Pour water and oil over flour mixture.
- Add bacon and cheese. Stir with fork until mixture comes together.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and knead gently, about 10 times.
- Pound dough into a ball, then slowly expand the dough by making it into a flat circle, about ¾-inch to 1-inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven on parchment-lined baking sheet for about 25 minutes or until bottom is golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. Slice into 12 equal wedges.