1 pork loin roast, centre cut, boneless, about 3 lb / 1.5 kg
5 cups / 1.25 L unseasoned dry bread cubes
1-3.5 oz / 100 g pkg chopped walnuts
¾ cup / 175 mL dried cranberries
3 Tbsp / 45 mL unsalted butter
1 cup / 250 mL EACH chopped celery and chopped yellow onion
¼ cup / 50 mL chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp + ½ tsp / 7 mL EACH ground sage and ground thyme
1-10 oz / 284 mL can chicken broth
Salt and ground black pepper
Canola oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place roast on cutting board, fat side down. With sharp knife, roll cut or butterfly the roast. Alternatively, click here for a quick and easy tutorial on how to prepare a pork loin roast for stuffing. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine bread cubes, walnuts and cranberries. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, sage and thyme to skillet. Stir to combine. Remove skillet from heat. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Pour broth over bread cube mixture. Add cooled vegetable mixture. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper according to taste. Let stand 5-10 minutes to allow bread cubes to soften.
- Top centre portion of roast with stuffing, squeezing stuffing slightly to make it denser. Spread stuffing down middle section of roast to within 1 inch of edge. Bring sides of roast together, ensuring fat side is up. Secure with butcher string in 4-5 places.
- Place remaining stuffing in greased shallow baking dish*. Set aside.
- Place roast seam-side down on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook roast in preheated oven for about 1 ½ hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into centre of stuffing registers 155°F.
- Remove roast from oven. Tent loosely with foil and rest 5 minutes.
- Transfer roast to cutting board. Carefully remove butcher string and carve into ½-inch slices. Drizzle with pan drippings if desired.
*To heat reserved stuffing: Cover and bake 30 minutes or until heated through.