½ lb / 250 g fresh pork sausages (Italian or Chorizo)
1 cup / 250 mL refried beans
3 Tbsp / 45 mL ready-to-use salsa
2 prepared flatbread pizza crusts or 3 naan breads
1 large sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
¼ - ½ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
½ - 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
2 cups / 500 mL shredded mozzarella or
½ avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove casings from sausages.
- In nonstick skillet, cook sausage meat over medium heat until no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces with spatula, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine refried beans and salsa. Divide evenly between pizza crusts or breads, and spread mixture to within ½-inch of edge.
- Sprinkle with cooked sausage meat, chopped peppers, onion, jalapeno and cheese.
- Place pizzas on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pizzas from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle pizzas with avocado and cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.