¼ cup (50 mL) unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
½ cup (125 mL) hoisin sauce, plus more for serving
2 tsp (10 mL) grated ginger root
½ tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
4 pork loin centre chops, boneless
Canola oil for frying
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped cremini mushrooms
1-14 oz (397 g) bag coleslaw mix
¼ cup (50 mL) thinly sliced green onion
Prepared crepes or butter lettuce for serving
Chopped peanuts or sesame seeds for garnish
For the marinade:
- In 1-cup measuring cup, combine vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch; whisk until well-blended.
- Add hoisin sauce, ginger and pepper; stir to combine.
- Separate marinade into two portions – 2 Tbsp for marinating and the remainder for cooking.
For the pork:
- With sharp knife, slice chops against the grain into ¼-inch wide strips.
- In large bowl, combine pork strips with 2 Tbsp marinade; let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add beaten eggs and allow eggs to set. Tilt and rotate pan to ensure any uncooked egg fills in empty spaces. Cook just until set, about 3 minutes. Remove omelet to a clean plate. Slice into short, thin pieces; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over high heat. Using tongs, transfer half of the pork strips to skillet; stir-fry just until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer pork strips to a clean plate; set aside. Repeat with remaining pork strips, adding more oil between batches if needed.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 2 tsp oil to skillet. Stir-fry mushrooms, about 3 minutes.
- Add coleslaw to skillet; stirring often, cook just until cabbage begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in reserved sauce. Cook mixture for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Return pork strips and any accumulated juices to pan; stir to combine.
- Add egg and green onion to skillet; stir to combine. Continue to cook just until pork is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon desired amount of pork mixture onto crepe or lettuce leaves. Serve with additional Hoisin sauce and garnish with chopped peanuts or toasted sesame seeds.