4 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
⅓ cup / 80 mL dark brown sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL ground cinnamon
½ tsp / 2 mL ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp / 30 mL butter
6 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked, drained and torn into small pieces
3 large eggs
1 cup / 250 mL milk
½ cup / 125 mL EACH all-purpose flour and whole-wheat flour
2 Tbsp / 30 mL sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL vanilla extract
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
Maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In large bowl, combine apple slices, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- In 10-inch oven-proof or cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom and sides of skillet.
- Arrange seasoned apple slices over bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add flours, sugar, vanilla extract and salt; whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter evenly over apples and bacon.
- Place skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven. Slide pancake onto serving platter and slice into wedges. Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.