½ lb / 0.25 kg lean ground pork
1 onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp / 30 mL curry paste
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 potato, peeled and chopped
¼ cup / 50 mL frozen peas, thawed
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
10 filo pastry sheets
2 Tbsp / 30 mL butter
Store-bought mango chutney for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, sauté ground pork and onion until slightly browned and no pink remains.
- Add curry paste and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, potato and peas; cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Allow filling to cool.
- Cut filo pastry in strips to form rectangles about 3-½ inch wide. Brush edges with butter. Place a heaped teaspoon of filling onto the pastry. Fold corner over to form a triangle and continue folding, retaining triangular shape. Repeat using remaining ingredients.
- Place samosas on a baking sheet, brush lightly with butter and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot with chutney.