1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp / 15 mL grated ginger root
1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
1 cup / 250 mL diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
1 cup / 250 mL finely chopped mushrooms
1 large carrot, shredded
1 cup / 250 mL finely chopped packed baby kale leaves
¼ cup / 50 mL sweet chili sauce
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 ½ cups / 375 mL cooked rice vermicelli
Romaine lettuce hearts
⅓ cup / 80 mL unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pork to skillet; thoroughly cook until no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces with spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Add snap peas, mushrooms, carrot and kale. Stir to combine; cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chili sauce; cook 1 minute more.
- To assemble, spoon a small amount of vermicelli noodles onto lettuce leaf. Top with ¼-cup pork mixture and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.