1 pork loin, centre roast, boneless, about 3 lb / 1.5 kg
⅓ cup / 80 mL canola oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 small yellow onion, minced
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH ground cinnamon, ground cumin, packed brown sugar and salt
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH ground ginger, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes
- Pierce roast all over with a fork and place into resealable plastic bag.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until well-blended. Pour over roast. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 8-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place pork in disposable foil pan. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Turn off one side of barbecue. With barbecue cover closed, cook roast over indirect heat (“off” heat side) for 1-1 ½ hours or until instant-read thermometer registers 155˚F.
- Remove roast from barbecue. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes before carving into ¼-inch thick slices.