2 tsp / 10 mL canola oil
1 pork loin, centre roast, boneless, about 2 lb / 1 kg, cut into ¾-inch / 1.875 cm cubes
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp / 5 mL Italian seasoning
1-19 oz / 540 mL can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
3 cups / 750 mL sodium-reduced chicken broth
1-19 oz / 540 mL can romano or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
8 oz / 227 g fresh spinach leaves, shredded
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork cubes on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Add onion and Italian seasoning; stir to combine.
- Once onions have softened, add tomatoes, broth and beans. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in shredded spinach; cook 2 minutes more.
- Season soup with salt, pepper and additional Italian seasoning according to taste.