1 pork loin, centre roast, boneless, about 3 lb / 1.5 kg
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp / 5 mL coarse salt
1 Tbsp / 15 mL dried rosemary leaves (or ¼ cup / 50 mL chopped fresh rosemary)
2 tsp / 10 mL Italian seasoning
Ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp / 5 mL canola oil
- With a sharp knife, make a slit lengthwise through centre of pork loin. Create a hole by rotating the knife or inserting the handle of a wooden spoon into the opening.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Stuff most of the garlic mixture into opening.
- Rub outside of roast with oil.
- With a sharp knife, make a crosshatch pattern on the top surface of the roast. Rub remaining garlic mixture over the surface, pressing into slits.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, until instant-read thermometer registers 155˚F, about 1 ½ hours.
- Remove roast from oven. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving.