1 pork loin, centre roast, boneless, cut into 1” / 2.5 cm cubes
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL whisky
1 Tbsp / 15 mL grated ginger root
1 Tbsp / 15 mL lemon juice
¾ tsp / 4 mL EACH salt and ground black pepper
¼ tsp / 1 mL cayenne pepper
1 cup / 250 mL lightly packed brown sugar
½ cup / 125 mL canned crushed tomatoes
¼ cup / 50 mL whisky
3 Tbsp / 45 mL molasses
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place pork cubes in a resealable plastic bag. In small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Pour over cubes. Seal bag and massage to coat cubes. Marinate refrigerator 4-24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Pat pork with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- In nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork in batches, adding remaining 1 Tbsp of oil as necessary.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients over medium-high heat. Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook until slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer pork cubes to a casserole dish. Pour sauce over cubes; stir to coat. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30-35 minutes, turning occasionally.