4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, about 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp / 10 mL finely chopped green olives
½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp / 5 mL dried thyme leaves
½ tsp / 2mL ground allspice
2 Tbsp / 30 mL lime juice
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1-14 oz / 398 mL can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ sweet red pepper, diced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL cider vinegar
½ tsp / 2 mL hot pepper sauce
1 Tbsp / 15 mL chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chops in large resealable plastic bag.
- In small bowl, combine canola oil, garlic, olives, jalapeno, thyme, allspice and lime juice. Pour over chops. Seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion just until tender, about 4 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine onion with remaining relish ingredients. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to let flavours develop. Refrigerate for longer storage.
- Remove chops from marinade, discard marinade. Pat chops with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill chops 5-7 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with black bean relish.