1 pork shoulder blade roast, boneless, about 2 lb / 1 kg
½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
¼ cup / 50 mL teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp / 30 mL white wine vinegar
½ - 1 tsp / 2-5 mL cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup / 50 mL natural peanut butter
1 cup / 250 mL frozen green beans, thawed
Hot cooked rice or rice noodles for serving
2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped unsalted peanuts for garnish
- In slow cooker, place pork, pepper strips, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, cayenne pepper and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 ½ hours.
- Add peanut butter; stir until well-blended.
- Add green beans. Stir gently to combine. Turn slow cooker to HIGH; cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve stew over hot cooked rice or rice noodles.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.