1 pork shoulder blade roast, boneless, about 1 ½ lb / 0.75 kg
⅓ cup / 80 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
¼ cup / 50 mL chili sauce
1 Tbsp /15 mL sesame oil
1 Tbsp / 15 mL sesame seeds, toasted
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp / 10 mL grated ginger root
1 tsp / 5 mL sambal oelek
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
¾ cup / 180 mL chicken broth
½ cup / 125 mL natural peanut butter
1 Tbsp / 15 mL brown sugar
2 tsp / 10 mL light soy sauce
2 tsp / 10 mL sambal oelek
½ tsp / 2 mL garlic powder
1 tsp / 5 mL lime juice
2 Tbsp / 30 mL finely chopped peanuts for garnish
For the pork:
- Slice roast across grain on diagonal into thin strips, about ⅛-inch thick and 1 inch wide. Place into resealable plastic bag.
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Pour over pork strips. Seal bag. Turn until coated. Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 5 hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread pork loosely, accordion-style, onto soaked bamboo skewers. Pat pork with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill skewers 4-5 minutes per side, until desired doneness.
- Serve with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
For the sauce:
- In small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve in bowl garnished with chopped peanuts.