1 pork shoulder blade roast, boneless, about 1 lb / 0.5 kg, cut into ¾-inch / 1.875 cm cubes
2 Tbsp / 30 mL peanut butter
½ cup / 125 mL minced yellow onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL EACH lemon juice and soy sauce
1 Tbsp / 15 mL packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place pork cubes into a resealable plastic bag.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until well-blended; pour over cubes. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Pat pork with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Thread pork loosely onto bamboo* or metal skewers; set aside.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill skewers 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
*Soak bamboo or wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to placing food on skewers to minimize burning.