4 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
⅓ cup / 80 mL lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL ground cinnamon
½ tsp / 2 mL ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp / 30 mL butter
6 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked, drained and torn into small pieces
3 large eggs
1 cup / 250 mL milk
½ cup / 125 mL EACH all-purpose flour and whole-wheat flour
2 Tbsp / 30 mL granulated sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL vanilla extract
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
Maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In large bowl, combine apple slices, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- In 10-inch oven-proof or cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom and sides of skillet.
- Arrange seasoned apple slices over bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add flours, sugar, vanilla extract and salt; whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter evenly over apples and bacon.
- Place skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven. Slide pancake onto serving platter and slice into wedges. Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
- Hero Photo
- Cut Bacon
- Dish or Meal Type One pot & casseroles
- Cooking style Bake
- Prep Time 15
- Cook Time 30
- Number of Servings 4-6
4 large flour tortillas
8 green lettuce leaves
2-3 large Roma tomatoes, sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained
3 slices thick or extra thick cut bacon
½ cup / 125 mL mayonnaise
2 Tbsp / 30 mL sour cream
1 Tbsp / 15 mL thinly sliced green onion
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the wrap:
- Spread tortillas with a dollop or two of Bacon Mayo (recipe below).
- Top each tortilla with 2 lettuce leaves, a few tomato and avocado slices, and 3 strips of bacon.
- Fold or roll up tortillas as desired.
- Arrange on a plate or platter and serve.
For the mayo:
- In skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy.
- With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain fat.
- Dice bacon; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add bacon and green onion. Stir to combine.
- Season with and salt and pepper according to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Tip: Bacon Mayo may be made up to one day ahead. Use as a condiment on sandwiches, wraps and burgers.
Makes ¾ cup
- Hero Photo
- Cut Bacon
- Dish or Meal Type Burgers / sandwiches / wraps
- Cooking style Pan-fry/sear
- Prep Time 20
- Cook Time 5
- Number of Servings 4