1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger root
1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground pork
1 cup (250 mL) matchstick carrots
1 cup (250 mL) diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped mushrooms
1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped packed baby kale leaves
¼ cup (50 mL) sweet chili sauce, plus more for drizzling
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 oz (85 g) rice vermicelli, cooked according to package directions
Romaine lettuce leaves
⅓ cup (80 mL) unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pork to skillet; thoroughly cook until no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces with spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, snap peas, mushrooms and kale. Stir to combine; cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chili sauce; cook 1 minute more.
- To assemble, spoon a small amount of vermicelli noodles onto lettuce leaf. Top with ¼-cup pork mixture. Drizzle with additional chili sauce and garnish with chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.