1 rack of pork (6 bones), 3-4 lb / 1.5-2 kg, frenched
3 cloves garlic, slivered
1 tsp / 5 mL finely chopped fresh thyme
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
½ cup / 125 mL pure maple syrup
¼ cup / 50 mL EACH grainy mustard and cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With sharp knife, cut small slits in rack of pork; Insert garlic slivers and chopped thyme into slits.
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until mixture is reduced by half and almost thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Brush glaze all over outside of roast. Continue roasting until instant-read thermometer registers 155˚F. (Insert thermometer into meaty center of rack, making sure that it does not touch any ribs. Take several readings to ensure temperature is even throughout.) Baste occasionally.
- Transfer roast to a large serving platter. Tent loosely with foil and allow roast to rest 5-10 minutes before carving. Drizzle with pan juices if desired.