½ cup / 125 mL packed brown sugar
½ cup / 125 mL apple juice
¼ cup / 50 mL canola oil
1 Tbsp / 15 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
½ tsp / 2 mL ground ginger
1 Tbsp / 15 mL cornstarch
½ cup / 125 mL water
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
6 pork loin centre chops, boneless, about 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; whisk into brown sugar mixture. Stir until thickened. Remove saucepan from heat and let mixture cool slightly.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Preheat barbecue on high, reduce heat to medium. Place chops on lightly oiled grill grate. Grill 5-7 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Brush chops often with glaze and again before removing from grill.