1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
1½ tsp / 7 mL chopped fresh thyme
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
¾ cup / 175 mL dry red wine or unsweetened grape juice
1 cup / 250 mL frozen wild blueberries
1 Tbsp / 15 mL granulated sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL lemon zest
1 ½ tsp / 7 mL cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp / 30 mL water
For the medallions:
- With sharp knife, slice tenderloin into 6 equal pieces. With cut side down, gently pound medallions with meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy pan until ½- inch thick.
- Pat medallions dry with paper towel; season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear medallions until nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer medallions to rack on rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven while making pan sauce.
For the pan sauce:
- Drain any fat from skillet.
- Add wine or grape juice. Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; boil an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries, sugar and lemon zest; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Stir cornstarch mixture into sauce; simmer just until clear.
- Pool sauce onto warm dinner plates. Top with warm medallions.