1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
4 slices thick or extra-thick cut bacon, partially cooked
2 firm pears, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
2 Tbsp / 30 mL butter, divided
½ cup / 125 mL finely chopped shallots
1 cup / 250 mL chicken stock
½ cup / 125 mL port, Marsala or Madeira wine
3 Tbsp / 45 mL grainy mustard
- With sharp knife, slice tenderloin into 8 equal pieces.
- Place two medallions together. Wrap bacon slice around both pieces to hold together. Secure with wooden toothpick. Repeat with remaining medallions and bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In oven-proof skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté pears in 1 Tbsp butter for 5 minutes or just until they begin to brown on both flat sides.
- Remove pears from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, brown medallions 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook medallions for 12-15 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155˚F.
- Remove medallions to a clean plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter. Add shallots. Cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until liquid reduces by half.
- Reduce heat to medium. Return pears to skillet. Cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove toothpicks. Place medallions on serving platter.
- Top with pears and sauce.