1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL hot Asian chili sauce
1 Tbsp / 15 mL lemon juice
2 tsp / 10 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
1 ½ tsp / 7 mL prepared mustard
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
8 cups / 2 L spring mix salad greens
¼ cup / 50 mL crumbled blue cheese (optional)
Bottled ranch dressing
- Butterfly pork tenderloin by slicing horizontally to, but not through, opposite side. Open tenderloin as you would a book. Flatten slightly with palm of hand and place in resealable plastic bag.
- In small glass bowl, stir together oil, garlic, chili sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour marinade over tenderloin. Seal bag and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Pat tenderloin with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In nonstick skillet or grill pan, cook tenderloin over medium to medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove tenderloin to a clean cutting board or plate. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloin rest 5 minutes before slicing into thin 1 to 2-inch long strips.
- Arrange pork slices on salad greens. Add salad fixings of your choosing.
- Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
- Drizzle with desired amount of your favourite style of ranch dressing.