½ cup / 125 mL barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp / 30 mL amber rum
2 Tbsp / 30 mL pineapple juice
4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, about 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
½ tsp / 2 mL sea salt
5 cored pineapple spears
1 red bell pepper, diced
¼ cup / 50 mL diced red onion
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL lime juice
¼ tsp / 2 mL salt
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium-high.
- Grill pineapple spears on a lightly oiled grate, about 4 minutes per side on until grill marked and warmed through.
- Remove pineapple spears from grill and dice.
- In glass bowl, toss salsa ingredients together. Set aside.
- Prepare glaze by combining barbecue sauce with rum and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Season chops with salt. Cook chops on a lightly oiled grill 3 minutes per side (to get perfect grill marked X, rotate pork chops after 90 seconds, the rotate a quarter turn and cook for remaining 90 seconds; turn pork chops and repeat).
- Brush chops with glaze mixture. Continue grilling, turning once, about 1-2 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155˚F.
- Remove chops from grill. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Serve chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa.