2 racks pork back ribs
½ cup / 125 mL packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL ground ginger
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH ground black pepper and garlic powder
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
¼ tsp / 1 mL cayenne pepper
Honey Soy Glaze:
½ cup / 125 mL honey
½ cup / 125 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
2 tsp / 10 mL prepared yellow mustard
2 tsp / 10 mL Worcestershire sauce
4-5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Lift and peel membrane from the back of each rack of ribs.
- In small bowl, combine rub ingredients until well-blended.
- Massage ribs all over with rub. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Roast ribs on a rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheet for about 1 ½ hours. Cover loosely with foil if ribs are browning too quickly.
- In small bowl, thoroughly combine glaze ingredients.
- Turn off oven. Remove ribs from oven and brush all over with glaze.
- Wrap each rack in heavy duty aluminum foil. Keep warm and let rest for up to 1 hour in cooled oven.
- Note: To serve as an appetizer, slice racks between bones into single rib portions and arrange on a platter.