6 pork shoulder blade steaks, bone-in or boneless
1 cup / 250 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
Juice from 1 large lemon
Juice from 1 medium orange
2 Tbsp / 30 mL sesame oil
4 tsp / 20 mL honey
2 Tbsp / 30 mL grated ginger root
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL diagonally sliced green onion for garnish
Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place steaks in resealable plastic bag.
- In 4-cup measuring cup, thoroughly combine remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over steaks in bag. Seal bag. Refrigerate 8-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steaks with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill steaks 5-7minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove steaks from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 3 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish steaks with green onion and sesame seeds.