3 cups / 750 mL all-purpose flour
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH baking powder and baking soda
¾ tsp / 4 mL salt
1 cup / 250 mL unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup / 250 mL packed light brown sugar
¾ cup / 175 mL granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp / 5 mL vanilla extract
1 cup / 250 mL semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup / 175 mL chopped pecans or walnuts
8 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ﹾF.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips, nuts and bacon.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop or large spoon, divide dough into 26-28 equal portions. Store, covered, in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Arrange 10 unbaked cookies, 2-3 inches apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven on middle oven rack until edges are a light golden brown, about 15 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through. Let cookies rest 2-3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Bake remaining dough using new parchment.