1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
1 Tbsp / 15 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
3 Tbsp / 45 mL dark rum
½ tsp / 2 mL sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp / 2mL EACH ground coriander, ground cumin and salt
¼ tsp / 1 mL ground ginger
⅛ tsp / 0.5 mL ground cloves
¼ tsp / 1 mL red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
5 large flour tortillas
½ cup / 125 mL chopped red onion
½ cup / 125 mL chopped red or green bell pepper
½ cup / 125 mL drained crushed pineapple
1 cup / 250 mL shredded partly-skimmed Mozzarella cheese
Bottled plum sauce
- In large bowl, gently combine ground pork, soy sauce, rum, sesame oil, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, ginger, cloves and red pepper flakes; do not overmix. Cover and refrigerate 2-8 hours.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, thoroughly cook mixture until no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces of pork with spatula, about 10 minutes. Drain any fat.
- Spread pork mixture on one half of each of 5 tortillas. Top meat with onion, bell pepper, pineapple and cheese.
- Spread unfilled side of each tortilla with 1 Tbsp plum sauce. Fold over filled sides and press gently.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook tortillas until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and slice into 4 wedges. Serve with additional plum sauce.