1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
½ cup / 125 mL finely chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
2 tsp / 10 mL dried sage leaves
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH dried thyme leaves and dried summer savory leaves
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH ground allspice and celery seed
¼ tsp / 1 mL EACH ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
⅛ tsp / 0.5 mL ground cloves
1 tsp / 5 mL ground black pepper
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
¾ cup / 175 mL sodium-reduced chicken broth
1 Tbsp / 15 mL brandy (optional)
2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped fresh parsley
1 large russet potato, baked and coarsely mashed
36 round wonton wrappers, 3 ½-inch diameter
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ground pork. Thoroughly cook pork mixture until no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces with a spatula, about 15 minutes.
- Add seasonings, broth, brandy and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Gently stir in coarsely mashed potato. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Press wonton wrappers into greased mini muffin cups.
- Fill wontons evenly with pork mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.