3 Tbsp / 45 mL unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL sugar
¾ tsp / 4 mL EACH red pepper flakes and salt
½ lb / 0.25 kg broad dried rice noodles
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ lb / 0.375 kg lean ground pork
2 ribs celery, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups / 500 mL sliced green onions
2 cups / 500 mL bean sprouts
2 fresh limes
¼ cup / 50 mL EACH chopped peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt; set aside.
- Cover noodles with boiling water; soak until softened, about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse; set aside.
- In nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp / 15 mL oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic briefly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add pork and celery. Cook 6-8 minutes or until pork is cooked through and no pink remains, and celery is tender-crisp. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add eggs to skillet. Cook, stirring vigorously, until just set (cooked).
- Add vinegar mixture and green onions; heat through.
- Add bean sprouts, rice noodles and pork mixture. Cook and stir briefly until heated through.
- Transfer to serving plate. Squeeze with juice of half a lime.
- Garnish with peanuts, cilantro and remaining limes, cut into wedges.