18 tart shells, frozen
2 Tbsp / 30 mL butter, melted
1 cup / 250 mL lightly packed brown sugar
¼ cup / 50 mL maple syrup
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp / 5 mL vanilla extract
¾ cup / 175 mL chopped pecans
6 slices bacon, diced, cooked and drained
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place frozen tart shells on baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Add maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, pecans and bacon. Mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly between 18 tart shells.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is set.
- Remove to wire rack. Cool slightly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.