1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
3 Tbsp / 45 mL Buffalo wing sauce, plus more for coating
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup / 250 mL panko breadcrumbs
⅓ cup / 80 mL finely chopped celery
4 Tbsp / 60 mL finely shredded carrot
3 Tbsp / 45 mL finely chopped yellow onion
Canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl, gently combine ground pork with Buffalo wing sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, celery, carrot and onion; do not overmix.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches, turning often until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium if meatballs are browning too quickly, and add more oil between batches if needed.
- Remove meatballs from skillet to a plate lined with paper towels. Dab meatballs with additional paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In medium bowl, toss meatballs in a small amount of additional Buffalo wing sauce. Serve immediately.