1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
1 egg, slightly beaten
¼ cup / 50 mL milk
½ cup / 125 mL finely chopped yellow onion
1 tsp / 5 mL Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp / 5 mL Dijon mustard
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH salt and ground black pepper, divided
¼ tsp / 1 mL EACH ground allspice and ground nutmeg
⅓ cup / 80 mL fine dry breadcrumbs
1 ½ cups sodium-reduced beef broth
1 Tbsp / 15 mL chopped fresh thyme
½ cup / 125 mL sour cream
¼ cup / 50 mL all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp / 15 mL lemon juice
Hot cooked egg noodles for serving
Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- In large bowl, gently combine ground pork with egg, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, half the salt and pepper, allspice, nutmeg and bread crumbs; do not overmix.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls; refrigerate until firm, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in slow cooker, combine broth, thyme and remaining salt and pepper.
- Arrange meatballs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW, 6-8 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of a few meatballs registers 160°F.
- Remove meatballs from slow cooker; set aside.
- Mix sour cream with flour until smooth; whisk into slow cooker.
- Return meatballs to slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH until sauce is slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice. Serve meatballs over egg noodles. Garnish with chopped chives.