4 pork rib chops, bone-in, about 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
1 cup / 250 mL packed fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL EACH extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice
1 tsp / 5 mL coarse salt
½ tsp / 2 mL ground black pepper
- With sharp knife, trim chops of any unwanted fat.
- Finely chop basil and place in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until mixture is the consistency of a thin paste.
- Spread basil mixture on both sides of chops. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill chops on a lightly oiled grill grate, 5-7 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F. Turn once or twice.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.