Manitoba Pork celebrates Manitoba 150 by thanking front line workers!
On Manitoba Day, May 12, Manitoba Pork treated some of the province's COVID-19 front line workers to delicious bacon-infused cupcakes, a copy of our Manitoba 150 cookbook - Proudly Pork - and other goodies.
Click here to view a 90-second video celebrating our visits to nine virus testing sites, the provincial lab and Selkirk General Hospital. It's heartwarming!
To all the COVID-19 front line workers, thank you for sacrificing your time, energy and safety for the rest of us! To all Manitobans, happy 150th!
Manitoba’s Hog Sector is Sustainability Focused
Sustainability in Manitoba’s hog sector is an ongoing responsibility that farmers embrace, working hard to safeguard the quality of the land, water and air entrusted to us. The 14,000 Manitobans who rely on the hog sector for their livelihood share common concerns with the people who love our pork: we want to see opportunity created today, while ensuring that future generations have what they need to thrive.
Scroll down for links to more information.
- Creating economic stability
- Contributing $1.7 billion annually
- Providing jobs for 14,000 Manitobans
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Supplying organic fertilizer
- Protecting our land and water with leading environmental regulations
- Following national standards for pig care and handling
- Enriching housing for sows
- Investing in ongoing education and training
People & Culture
- Allowing families to stay in their communities
- Welcoming new friends and families to communities
- Helping communities grow and prosper for now and for future generations
- Funding local community causes
- Supporting sustainable food security
- Improving quality of life for Manitobans
A Healthy & Affordable Protein
- Producing sustainable pork as an important park of a sustainable diet
- Putting safe, affordable, high-quality protein in your shopping cart