Manager, Hog Production - Western, MB
Posted on: Oct. 3, 2023
The Manager, of Hog Production for Maple Leaf Agri Farms is accountable for leading a swine pyramid consisting of sow barns and the associated nursery and finishing barns. Responsibilities include swine production, occupational health and safety, financial results, cost control, plus leadership to employees within the pyramid structure in Manitoba.
Some of the exciting things you will be responsible for:
• Manages operational budget, P&L, and all reporting requirements.
• Ensures correct operational performance related to capital improvements and maintenance requirements.
• Ensures compliance with all Occupational Safety and Health, Canadian Pork Excellence and Animal Welfare standards.
• Builds overall team strength through coaching, mentoring, training, evaluating and recruitment.
• Provides direction and supervision to Senior Specialist, Hog Production and barn supervisory staff.
• Travel Required throughout Southeast, Southwest and Interlake Manitoba
What you will bring:
• Post-secondary education in Agriculture or Business preferred.
• Five years (swine) management experience including responsibility for employee leadership and bottom-line production results.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers license
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven problem-solving and leadership skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously.
• Readiness to travel as required.
• Must possess superior computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
• An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
• Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.