Note: CQA/CPE validations during COVID-19
- Sites that were due for a Full Validation with a program expiry date on or before September 30, 2020 were automatically granted an extension to their expiry date.
- Those sites that are due for a Partial Validation (where no site visit is required) still have to abide by their normal annual expiry date. No extensions were granted for sites that are due for Partial Validations.
- Currently, the sites that are due for a Full Validation with an expiry date on or after October 1, 2020 should still plan for that date.
- For 2020, if you are due for a Full Validation and have concerns about your validator visiting your site because of COVID-19, Manitoba Pork can permit a special process for you to stay valid on the programs. However, you must contact us to arrange that before your site’s expiry date.
- If you have any uncertainty about your site’s status or expiry date, contact Mark Fynn, Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs, at 204-235-2302.
About Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA)
The Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA) program is an on-farm assessment program that provides assurance to pork processors, retailers, and consumers about on-farm food safety and animal care practices. The Animal Care Assessment (ACA) program became a requirement for CQA registration in 2012. All farms that market pigs to federally-inspected processing plants in Manitoba, and those farms that supply them, must be registered on the CQA program. Pig farms registered on the CQA program are assessed every year by certified validators.
Sites must join PigSAFE | PigCARE in 2023 or earlier.
Producers wanting to register their farm on the CQA program must first register themselves and their premises with Manitoba Pork. Click here for registration information.
For more information on the CQA program, visit the Canadian Pork Council website.
Marketers can log in here to find out which premises are currently registered on the CQA program.
Questions about documentation and administration:
Industry Services Coordinator
Questions about program content:
Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs