Transition to PigSAFE | PigCARE
The Canadian Pork Council and Manitoba Pork have both passed motions to extend the implementation of the PigSAFE|PigCARE (PS|PC) programs until 2023. This means:
- All Manitoba farms that are still on CQA can remain on CQA for their 2022 validations. You must still follow your Full-Partial-Partial cycle.
- Farms that wish to remain on the national programs after this year must do a Full PS|PC Validation for their 2023 validation.
- However, any farm has the right to join the PS|PC programs early by doing a Full PS|PC Validation before 2023. The first PS|PC Validation must be a full, on-site validation.
If you have any confusion about when your site is due to expire, please contact Mark Fynn, Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs, at 204-235-2302.
About Canadian Pork Excellence
In order to ensure that on-farm programs continue to reflect the remarkable work of producers and meet domestic and global consumer demand, Canadian pork producers and stakeholders have been updating the CQA and ACA programs, with the support of the Canadian Pork Council (CPC) and provincial pork organizations. Canadian Pork Excellence is the new national platform that covers three major components of on-farm programs. Click on the following links to find more information on the CPC website:
- PigSAFE Canada, the on-farm food safety assurance program
- PigCARE Canada, the on-farm animal care assurance program
- PigTRACE Canada, the national swine traceability system
Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs