COVID-19: CQA/CPE validations postponed
CPC has recommended that all site visits for CQA/CPE validations (i.e. “Full Validations”) be postponed, as follows:
- Those sites that are due for a Full CPE Validation with a program expiry date on or before June 30, 2020 will automatically be granted a 3-month extension to their expiry date. For example, if your site’s expiry date is usually April 12th, your new expiry date will be July 12th.
- Those sites that are due for a Partial CQA Validation (where no site visit is required) will still have to abide by their current expiry date.
- Currently, the sites that are due for a Full CPE Validation with an expiry date on or after July 1, 2020 should still plan for that date, but the situation will be reassessed at the end of April and an update sent to affected sites.
Canadian Pork Excellence (CPE)
In order to ensure that on-farm programs continue to reflect the remarkable work of producers and meet the domestic and global consumer demand, Canadian producers and stakeholders have been updating the CQA and ACA programs with the support of provincial member associations and CPC staff.
The updated CQA program is called PigSAFE and the updated ACA program is called PigCARE. Both are integrated under the Canadian Pork Excellence platform.
Canadian Pork Excellence is the national platform that covers three major components of on-farm programs:
- PigSAFE Canada, the on-farm food safety assurance program
- PigCARE Canada, the on-farm animal care assurance program
- PigTRACE Canada, the national swine traceability system
- PigSAFE | PigCARE will be officially launched in January 2019.
- The CQA/ACA program will end in 2022.
Farms that are scheduled for a full validation in 2019 may choose to complete a partial validation under the CQA program, provided that their next validation is a “full validation” in accordance with the PigSAFE | PigCARE programs.
Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs