Note: CQA/CPE validations during COVID-19
- Sites that were due for a Full CPE Validation with a program expiry date on or before September 30, 2020 were automatically granted an extension to their expiry date.
- Those sites that are due for a Partial CQA Validation (where no site visit is required) still have to abide by their current expiry date.
- Currently, the sites that are due for a Full CPE Validation with an expiry date on or after October 1, 2020 should still plan for that date.
About Canadian Pork Excellence (CPE)
In order to ensure that on-farm programs continue to reflect the remarkable work of producers and meet domestic and global consumer demand, Canadian pork producers and stakeholders have been updating the CQA and ACA programs, with the support of the Canadian Pork Council (CPC) and provincial pork organizations. Canadian Pork Excellence is the new national platform that covers three major components of on-farm programs. Click on the following links to find more information on the CPC website:
- PigSAFE Canada, the on-farm food safety assurance program
- PigCARE Canada, the on-farm animal care assurance program
- PigTRACE Canada, the national swine traceability system
Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs