Canadian Pork Excellence (CPE)
In order to ensure that on-farm programs continue to reflect the remarkable work of producers and meet the domestic and global consumer demand, Canadian producers and stakeholders have been updating the CQA and ACA programs with the support of provincial member associations and CPC staff.
The updated CQA program is called PigSAFE and the updated ACA program is called PigCARE. Both are integrated under the Canadian Pork Excellence platform.
Canadian Pork Excellence is the national platform that covers three major components of on-farm programs:
- PigSAFE Canada, the on-farm food safety assurance program
- PigCARE Canada, the on-farm animal care assurance program
- PigTRACE Canada, the national swine traceability system
- PigSAFE | PigCARE will be officially launched in January 2019.
- The CQA/ACA program will end in 2022.
Farms that are scheduled for a full validation in 2019 may choose to complete a partial validation under the CQA program, provided that their next validation is a “full validation” in accordance with the PigSAFE | PigCARE programs.