COVID-19: CQA/CPE validations
- Sites that were due for a Full CPE Validation with a program expiry date on or before September 30, 2020 were automatically granted an extension to their expiry date.
- Those sites that are due for a Partial CQA Validation (where no site visit is required) still have to abide by their current expiry date.
- Currently, the sites that are due for a Full CPE Validation with an expiry date on or after October 1, 2020 should still plan for that date.
PigSAFE | PigCARE
In order to ensure that on-farm programs continue to reflect the remarkable work of producers and meet domestic and global consumer demand, Canadian producers and stakeholders have updated the Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA) and Animal Care Assessment (ACA) programs, with the support of provincial pork organizations and the Canadian Pork Council (CPC).
The updated CQA program is called PigSAFE and the updated ACA program is called PigCARE. Both are integrated under the Canadian Pork Excellence platform, and were officially launched in January 2019. The CQA/ACA program will end in 2022.
Click on the following links to find more information on the CPC website:
- PigSAFE Canada, the on-farm food safety assurance program
- PigCARE Canada, the on-farm animal care assurance program
Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs