Canadian Ractopamine-Free Pork Certification Program
The Canadian Ractopamine-Free Pork Certification Program (CRFPCP) provides assurance to our international markets that pork produced through the program is free of ractopamine residues and the pigs raised under the program standards have never come in contact with ractopamine. This assurance is provided through thorough record keeping and routine audits at the farm, feed mill, and slaughter plant. All parties share the responsibility in establishing and maintaining this assurance.
The expectations of producers with CRFPCP-enrolled sites are to ensure you:
- Keep your pigs, barn(s) and on-farm feed mill, if applicable, free of ractopamine.
- Participate and maintain a valid status on the Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA) program or PigSAFE | PigCARE.
- Receive and keep outgoing pig treatment records, which state that the pigs you receive have never been fed ractopamine, on file for all your incoming pigs.
- Receive and keep shipping manifests, which include the official CRFPCP statement, on file for all outgoing pigs.
- Have official Letters of Guarantee (Annex 3) issued from all the commercial feed mills that supply your feed, and they must be on the CRFPCP Enrolled List.
- Receive, check and keep feed manifests and tags, which include the official CRFPCP statement, on file.
- Maintain and keep feed mixing and sequencing records on file, if operating an on-farm feed mill.
- Have unique herd marks (tattoo numbers) for each detached barn on your premise, meaning that premises with multiple barns have different, barn-exclusive herd mark(s) for each barn.
Manager of Quality Assurance & Animal Care Programs